Saturday, June 18, 2016

Training Day 13

Training Day 13 was a recovery run of 5 miles. It's hard to believe that after a year of running, 5 miles has become a run that is essentially a day off. Last year around this time, I was pumping myself up the night before to go out and try to go 5 miles. It didn't take long to build endurance for longer runs, but I remember having to stop before 5 miles because I was starting to get blurred vision because of the heat. Of course, I learned my lesson and now try to get my run in before the sun comes up...or as much of it as I can anyway.

Yesterday I did a bit or strength training at the gym for TD 12, so today I decided to take it easy after the recovery run. I spent most of my Saturday at my computer teaching myself MEAN stack  development, so I should be pretty rested for my run in the morning.

The run in the morning is a Marathon Pace run of 13 miles...with the last 8 miles being at my marathon pace. Last Sunday's run was a mile shorter, and I would have really had to work hard to keep my marathon pace toward the end of that run...particularly the last few miles where there is some uphill. I'll be ending this one the same way, so I'll consider it a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment