Monday, March 16, 2015

USCIS termination notice

As I mentioned in my USCIS Timeline post, I contacted USCIS on February 20th, 2015 after learning that my wife's second I-90 Application had been terminated. I requested the termination letter that USCIS claims they had already sent. Up until today, they were batting .500 on the pieces of mail they claim they sent to my address. We received two previous notices, but failed to receive the green card, and also this termination notice.

This is a copy of the termination notice that was lost on the first attempt.


Putting aside the fact that they are giving me 33 days from January 22nd (which is February 24th) to file a motion to reopen the case...and that date was twenty days ago, this letter is a load of crap.

The short story is "We mailed it. It never came back. You can't prove anything. Send another $450 and we'll try again".

I would entertain sending in the $450 at this point to just put in in the past...get this over with. But the thing is, there is no guarantee that it will come this time. I have asked about sending the card with a signature required, but USCIS refuses to do this. They suggested I get a Post Office Box, or send it to a more secure box. This still doesn't provide a chain of custody. I simply can not take the chance that it will get delivered this time, and I am certainly not willing to risk $450 to find out.






No comments:

Post a Comment