Thursday, June 23, 2016

Days 17 and 18

Yesterday got away from me as far as posting on the blog. Day 17 was just a 4 mile recovery run, so it was very uneventful anyway. Running 4 miles at a very easy pace...there really isn't much to say! It was an enjoyable run, and I even got up at 4:30 like I would for a much longer run. It was good to get the run over and have time to come back home and relax for a while before having to head in to work.

Today's run, TD18, was an 8 mile run with 4 miles at threshold pace. I was actually looking forward to this run since I had such a good day on Tuesday. This is the exact run that I did on TD2, but that one didn't work out as well as this one. I still had to work to keep the pace in my threshold range, but not nearly like I did 16 days ago. I must have run nearly the identical route, as I just looked back and saw that I finished last time at the base of the same hill that I finished the threshold legs today.

I ran the cooldown a bit under 10 minute pace...nearly a full minute faster than the Day 2 run. I was only cooling down at a comfortable pace in both runs, so I suppose that's a good sign for conditioning. Of course, it could just be a good week, but I'll go with the former for now!

I felt the work that I did on my quads all day at work. They were pretty sore from the weeks work, and I'm sure it will be nice to have a day of rest tomorrow. I'm already looking forward to Sunday and running 14 miles! It will only be the 8th time I've run at least that long. So ready to get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment